Thursday 23 January 2014

Polenta with tomato sauce


This recipe comes from the River Cottage Veg Book, my favourite (only) vegetarian cookery book. You can find the original recipe here.

However I used my own Magic Number tomato sauce recipe rather than the one in the book. As a rule, I never add even a pinch of sugar to tomato sauce.


Polenta. Meh
I hate any recipe that requires frying (other than onions etc) - I can't stand oil spluttering all over the place, hate things getting stuck to the pan and seem to have real problems flipping food over. So maybe this wasn't the best choice of recipe for me, but I wanted to give it a go.

As I anticipated I found the whole frying thing pretty stressful. I had to use way more oil than I'd like and the polenta slices still broke up. I found the results a bit 'meh', but was surprised that Ollie really liked it.

Having bought a pack of quick cook polenta especially to make this recipe, I now have an almost full packet left. So expect some more culinary polenta adventures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment